OverviewDid you know Amazon Prime members can buy a book one time and share it for FREE with up to five family members in their household?
Setting up an Amazon Household includes the following benefits for no added expense:
- Creation of a Family Library of shared books, apps, games, and movies.
- Free two-day shipping for all adults registered to the Amazon Household.
Setting it up is easy, but both adults need to be present at the time of setup.
- On a PC or Mac, logon as the member of the household who has the Amazon Prime membership, and then go to https://www.amazon.com/mycd
- Click Settings, and then click Invite an Adult under Households and Family Library.
- Your spouse must enter their Amazon account information then click Verify Account.
Share ContentYou're almost done! Now, it's time to setup content sharing:
- You and your spouse must agree to share payment methods and services. Click We authorize payment sharing, and then Create Household.
- Both adults may now check or uncheck the content types they would like to share.
- Choose Create Your Family Library when you're done.
- Now, each adult must go to their own Your Devices tab in their accounts (use the same link if you need to navigate there again https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
- For every Kindle device in your household, make sure you check Show (spouse's name) Content.
Browsing Shared Content
On your Kindle device:
- When you're viewing your Cloud content, tap the Items filter (typically shows "All Items") and select Shared Books.
- If Shared Books is gray and cannot be selected, make sure you're viewing your Cloud content, not the On Device content.
In your Kindle App:
- When you're viewing your Cloud content, simply select All Items or Books from the menu. Your spouse's books now appear along side your Cloud content.
- If you still don't see your spouse's books in your Cloud content, click the Sync button in your app.